Monday, February 26, 2007

Artist For A Day

Two weeks ago, when Levi and I went to the Cavs game, their mother took the girls to Artist For A Day. This is a place where you can make your own piece of pottery, paint it, and then they bake and glaze it for you. You have to pick up your crafts a few days later after they have been finished.

Well since their mother now lives 45 minutes in the opposite direction, she asked me if I would be able to pick up their crafts. I said that I would and planned to stop on Saturday on our way to Levi's soccer game.

I figured I would walk in, show my id, and pick up the stuff. But just in case, as we were driving, I asked Levi if he knew what the girls had made. He said they each made "a box" of some sort.

Well, I went in, and much to my surprise, there is no real claim system. The finished pottery is not organized by name or by date. You have to know what you are looking for, and I certainly did not.

I called Bess on the cell phone and asked her what she made. Bess said that she had made a pink heart box and Rae had made a horse box that was painted like a rainbow. I saw a few hearts but none of them had Bess's name on the bottom.

Next I asked how big they were, if they were the size of my hand, Bess's hand, or baby Gabe's hand. Bess quickly said they were as big as my hand. That helped and I found both crafts pretty quickly.

Both girls did a great job!

No comments: