Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Free Cavs Tickets!

Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Eric Snow has a program called Full Court Fathers where you can fill out an application about your relationship with your child. Throughout the year they pick a few and give them free tickets to a game, plus a chance to go on the court before the game for pictures, autographs, etc.

Last night just got the news via email that my son Levi I got selected to go to this Sunday's game against the Lakers! We are both very excited.

It was a day he would have been with his mom so I had to ask her first. But when I called, he got on the phone and, before he had any idea about the game, told me he got some new basketball cards. He got Lebron and Wade, but his favorite was a card of Kobe on the West All-Star team.

Obviously his mom agreed to let Levi stay an extra night with me and attend the game.

This is really great for us because, as in most divorced households, money is tight. We went to a game earlier in the year against the Atlanta Hawks. We had fun but the seats were pretty high up, and it still cost $80 for 4 tickets. These free tickets will allow us to go down on the court before the game for pictures and autographs with the players.

This will be a day neither of us will forget for a long time! Thanks to the Cavs and Eric Snow for this opportunity.

1 comment:

Steve Kauffman said...

I am Eric's agent and it was very rewarding to see your blog;passed it on to Eric.Also told my own kids about this,mainly so they could see how hard you work for your family;
Steve Kauffman