Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Inspiration (Photo Contest)

An Island Life is having a photo contest entitled "What Inspires You?" This is my entry.


This picture of my daughter Rae was taken by me in July 2002 at the Columbus Zoo. You can see the wonder, amazement, and joy on Rae's face as she reaches out towards the penguin. My kids inspire me to work (to support them), to spend time with them, to coach them, and basically to do all that I can to help them learn and grow. Seeing a look like this on their faces makes it all worth it.

6 comments:

Kailani said...

What a great expression she has. It's amazing the way they're so awed at the simple things in life. Definitely an inspiration!

Thank you for entering the contest and good luck!

An Island Life
http://islandlife808.com

KevinL said...

Thanks Kailani. The look on her face in this picture has made it one of my favorites since the day I took it.

Stacie said...

What a nice photo!

Mary said...

So sweet, thanks for sharing that!

KevinL said...

Thanks Stacie & Mert for the kind words.

Holly Schwendiman said...

You can just feel that learning energy going on - the wonder, the awe and the excitement! Fantastic share.

Hugs,
Holly
Holly's Corner