Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Not Just Weekends

First off, thanks to TheHype for including us in this week's Carnival Of The NBA!

The title of this blog is somewhat misleading. I do spend most weekends with my 3 kids but I also have them during the week. Our shared parenting plan calls for me to have the kids every other weekend plus 2 midweek (school night) overnights during the week.

Our schedule right now, set in part by my ex-wife's work schedule, is for me to have the kids one week on Tuesday night, and Friday night to Monday morning (4 overnights). The next week the kids are with me from Thursday night until Saturday afternoon.

The good thing about this schedule is that the kids are with me most of the day on every Saturday, when they are off school and I am off work. This allows me to coach their sports teams, namely soccer and basketball.

I do have a part time job as a pizza delivery driver, and one negative to this current schedule is that I always have the kids on Friday night. This is the busiest (and most profitable) night to deliver pizza, but I try to work most of my shifts while they are with their mom.

This is a Thursday - Saturday week so I am looking forward to seeing my kids tomorrow night!

No comments: